As a learning and development-focused organization, it was important for us to develop our own internal training capabilities and launch the Gensmile Dental Academy.
There are a number of important aims of the Academy:
- To support our clinicians in honing their skills, and in adding new ones, to enable them to better serve the needs of their patients.
- To enable our dentists to continue to develop their clinical and chair-side expertise to help them to achieve their career goals.
- To promote interaction between our practice teams across the broader Gensmile family.
- To capitalise on the very high level of expertise and skills among our senior Dentists and Specialists and to give them a platform for sharing these.
- Provide an easy and enjoyable forum for completing required CPD.
We are very fortunate to have a number of well-equipped training facilities within Gensmile, which we are using to host in-person training. This includes a hand piece equipped classroom at our state-of-the-art lab, in Berkshire, and a microscope-linked AV room for live surgery at our Specialist referral practice in Dorset, and one of our practices’ conference facilities in Stafford, with its excellent transport links, is convenient for our Northern and Midlands colleagues.
In addition to these locations, we are also planning an online option for those for whom this is more convenient.Contact us Find out more